|Shows at the Purple Fiddle|
Visit Dixon’s Violin on the web!
You’ve never heard violin like this! The world’s premier visionary violinist, Dixon’s life mission is to inspire people – and he has done so at over 1,000 concerts across North America, including giving four TED talks/performances, over ten years at Burning Man and Electric Forest, plus radio, TV, and film appearances. A former technology leader and symphony violinist, Dixon walked away from a distinguished career to follow his dream full-time, and invented a whole new music genre. Dixon now improvises on a 5-string electric violin with a looping system he developed to create an all-live one-man symphony, guided by his remarkable personal story of life transformation.
* HONORS: 4 TED talks/performances (TEDxBlackRockCity, TEDxDetroit x2, TEDxMuskegon), “Best of” TEDx selectee; official selectee for Burning Exchange Program to perform in South Africa, Juried Showcases at PAE and OAPN; featured on Fox News; broadcast on Public Radio International’s Echoes; appearance and on soundtrack for “The Bloom” Transformational Festival documentary, appearance in feature film “Spark: A Burning Man Story”; official selectee for Michigan Arts & Humanities Touring Directory
* TRANSFORMATIONAL FESTIVALS: Burning Man (11 years), Electric Forest (10 years), Suwannee Hulaween, Rootwire, Lucidity, ARISE, Art Outside, Luna Light, Resonance, Earthdance, Harvest Festival, Diversity Fest, OpenMind Fest, Return 2 Roots, UNITUS, PEX, Gratifly, PlayThink
* LARGE EVENTS (over 50k people): Burning Man, Electric Forest, Michigan Renaissance Festival, Bay Area Renaissance Festival, Luminaria, Tulsa Mayfest, Rothbury, Noel Night, Westmoreland Arts & Heritage Festival
* YOGA/MOVEMENT: dozens of yoga studios; numerous hoop/poi/flow, 5-Rhythms, Contact Improv, and Dance Meditation Technique events
* SPIRITUALITY/CONSCIOUSNESS: Alex Grey’s Chapel of Sacred Mirrors, Earth Night, Sirius Rising, Wisteria Summer Solstice, Spiral Dance, EqualEyez, Synphoria, AscenDance, Serendipity, Inner Peace Fest, Three Days of Light, YogaFest
* ELECTRONIC DANCE MUSIC (EDM): Sacred Earth, SpaceCamp Psyfari, Karmaclysm, Dubstep Circus, FreakEasy, Aletheia
* JAM/ROOTS events: The Werk Out, Bliss Fest, Big Fam, Hoopla in the Hills, Peace Fest, Hoodilidoo, Skyy’s Burning, Tribal Connection, Come Together, SpaceStock, Aestival Festival, Land of NOD, Blast Off!
* CLASSICAL: former member of Detroit Symphony Civic Orchestra, and Midland Symphony
* AVANT-GARDE: Luminaria, Penguicon, North American Science Fiction Convention, Otherworld, The DAMNED Exhibition, Cleveland Ingenuity Festival, Theatre Bizarre, Extreme Futurist Festival, Nonsense Night, Squared Circle Review, Resonate, ConFusion, Safety Harbor Art and Music Center
“Dixon’s Violin is a journey of transformation, unlike anything else”, Alex Grey / Chapel of Sacred Mirrors
“The violinist that is changing the world” – Preserve the Future
“The most beautiful sound in Sherwood Forest” – Electric Forest Festival
“Not your ordinary violinist” – Fox 2 News
“Standing ovation…It’s no surprise that Dixon was voted the best of the evening”, Examiner
“It’s quite an accomplishment for a man who possibly invented a new genre on his violin”, City Pulse
“One in particular, Dixon’s Violin, blew minds with a folksy, heartfelt set, performed entirely by one man and one electric violin.”, Examiner
“[Dixon] had the crowd in the palm of his hand”, Metro Times
“See the real thing live…some truly moving music, you won’t regret it.”, Examiner
“Dixon will mesmerize you.”, CAL U